01/01/2008

New year's Resolutions

What a fabulous new year it was!! Spent counting down and chilling with my second family.

And besides all those laughing moments playing around and cam whoring at the playground, it is time for me to do some reflections of last year.

I was talking to XiaoXin and she asked me what I wanted to look forward to in the new year. Haha. Actually i see myself doing a lot of new things this year. As pastor Tan said in the last service of the year, "We should depart from tradition in the previous year and move on to change in the new year."

Of course, everyone urges to be a changed person every once in awhile after overlooking their mistakes in life. But being a changed person does not necessarily being more mature. I feel that this past year has seriously changed my lifestyle inside out and has made me a better person as a whole.


Looking back, there were alot of things about myself that I didn't like. But I know and I know, that ONE YEAR of walking with God has changed my perspective of how I look at things and my character towards my peers and family.

Question: "Ryan, you've said you have changed, but are you satisfied or contented with who you are now?"

I dare say that I prefer who I am now to who I was [or was trying to be] before. However, there are still glitches in me right now which I need to remove. There are still improvements that need to be made. And there are better expectations that are waiting for me in the years to come.


What am I going to experience in the future? What type of person am I going to be? Am I ever going to be the same Ryan that I was before and after? Not even the slightest similarity?

Well, I'm not sure. Some of my long lost friends may not recognise me anymore from who I was before. But those who are by my side, those who I know I can trust, those who are always there for me. They will be there, to watch me grow, day by day, month by month, year by year, and through eternity.



Change is inevitable. INEVITABLE - Impossible to avoid or prevent.


What can we do in order to keep with the flow? Changing constantly is a big thing. You may never be the same person you today than you were yesterday.



Simple, "Cherish, treasure and appreciate".

If we can do these three things, we are on our way to become a better person. Cherish the times and moments that you have with people. Treasure all the memories and tough times you've been through, but persevered and ended up victorious. Appreciate every sacrifice which people do for you, acknowledge their concern and repay their kindness.


Have you been practicing these three simple actions? If not, you should start today, the first day of 2008. Why not start by telling someone how much you appreciate him in your life? Trust me, many blessings would come your way once you learn how to.

What will 2008 be like for you?
It's up to you to decide.