14/01/2008

Blessings

It's amazing how fast the weekend can pass by, but I still feel great.
It is not about how much time I have during the weekends to get myself out of stress, but instead how I make use of that limited time and turn it into something fruitful.
Weekends are always fruitful to me.


Went for dinner with Aloy, Jon, Jaz and Phua today.
It feels great catching up with them once in awhile and talking about life's experiences.
John, did you fly to Mars? Haha. I'll make sure you're there next time.



-Vision-

Gal 6:9-10
"And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially those who are of the household of faith."


Sometimes when life gets the better of you, you tend to lose sight of things.
You take things for granted.
You start to backstab, gossip, have immoral thoughts.
Goodness in your soul disappears as hatred and bitterness sets in.
You become selfish and resentful.

Instead of being a shining light, you become a dim candle flame which will fade in the darkness any moment.

Well, may be what I said was a little exaggerated, but you know what I mean.

However, there are sure to be moments when you are so sick and tired of your commitment to something.
It may be tolerating someone.
Or being in a new class.
What about trying to know your family more?
Or may be trying to correcting the bad habits in your life.

And somehow, you don't see the benefits in doing so.



Question: "If I reap what I sow, then why do I not see the blessings that I have been expecting?"



Do not fret.
Let me specify the term "in due season".

I remember Val saying in one CGM,
Imagine our lives like a road or a maze, and we are journeying forward, but not aware of what is ahead of us.
As for Him,
He is standing on a platform way above us, looking down and watching our every move.
Only He is aware of what lies ahead of us.

He knows our lives more than we know it ourselves, and He knows what's best for us.
He knows when is the right time for the trees in our lives to bear fruit.
So, do not worry, as the blessings will come to you when it is the right time for you to deserve it.



Also, emphasis goes to the phrase "we shall reap if we do not lose heart".
Hence, continue having faith and believe that blessings and even miracles will happen.


And continue to bless others and bring glory to His name.