07/02/2008

My mother.

Parents will always be parents.

"You were my baby 17 years ago and you ARE still be my baby"
Sweet right?
That's what my Mom said today at my ah-ma's house.

We were talking about how I grew up so fast and how I looked different and all.
To think how corpulent I was in those pictures they took. Urgh.
I was once known as "no neck". Lol.


Well, back to the topic, I really want to thank my mom.
After 17 years of growing up, I look back and see how my mom was there for me.

How she scolded me even though I did nothing wrong.
How she locked me out of the house for quarreling with my brother.
How she seized every opportunity to lecture me about my studies.
How she would force chilli padi into my mouth when I was vulgar.
How she grounded me and I still had the guts to go out.
How she would cane me if i didn't do my assessment books.
How she whipped me with the belt if I got >20th position in class.
How she tied my hands together and made me kneel for forgiveness.
How she chased me around the house if I didn't want to get caned.
How she slapped me if I dared to defy her.
How she made me hide in my room and never want to come out again.
How she made me throw away my pokemon cards.
How she dragged me around shopping malls if I started being a public nuisance.

But most of all.
How she cried for all the times I've done wrong.


Every single tear she shed has made me a better person.
For every drop of water from her eyes, it has made me repent on my mistakes and made me more grateful that she is there in my life.
Indeed, she has done far worse things which has made me miserable in the past.
But I want to thank her for it.

She has sacrificed so much to raise me up to who I am now.
Not forgetting my brother and sister who were less troublesome to her than me.
That's why I love her so much.

During my early days as a child, I've heard many unpromising comments from her.
Like, "At the rate you are studying, you'll never be able to support yourself in the future."
Or, "Such a spoilt child you are, no wonder your friends hate you."
But they're just comments.
Adults need to let out some steam once in awhile right?

However, today she said something which touched my heart.

"Finally, my 17-19 years of raising my children has eventually paid off. I'm so proud of all of you."


Haha, it isn't mothers day or something, but I just wanted to say it.
I really love my mom.



I don't know how I'm gonna treat my kid in the future, but may be I'll learn some pointers from my experience.
If it's going to take time and sacrifice, I'm willing to do it.

Come on, who doesn't want their children to grow up being graceful princesses and charismatic gentlemen.
LOL. xD

Oh yes, and finally, HAPPY LUNAR NEW YEAR EVERYONE. =)))