17/03/2008

Success vs. Failure

Halfway there ryan, just halfway.
I'm glad I studied.
I never felt so fulfilled in my occupation as a student before.



The time I spent grinding my memory and tolerating the excruciating headaches were worth it.
I love Econs and Physics.


Was thinking about it on my way back, the change in expectations of a human being's results decreases as his/her level of education increases.
Back when we were taking PSLE, we were expecting for A-stars for every subject we took.
But now in JC, a grade which is satisfactional to us is a mere Sub-pass of 40%.
Well, may be it is the huge chasm of knowledge in the education standard.
But we are expected to have broader capacities in our learning as we grow older.
We are normally told that the older we get, the wiser and more knowledgable we get.
On the contrary, we are scoring lesser for our tests as we attain higher education levels.
Ironic, isn't it.


What many people say after the papers today:
"Die larhh. Sure fail one."
"Physics arh, cannot larh. I skip so many questions."
"Aiya, no time to do finish."
"Sian, no hope la."


As for me:
Did I skip any questions in the paper? Yes I did.
Was I able to finish my paper [especially econs]? Nope, last question was a rush-through.
Was I confident that I was able to answer ALL questions? A number of them were guessing answers.
Did I have all my testbook knowledge? Obviously not.

But did the words "FAIL" ever come out from my mouth?
NO.


You see, Meridians have the tendency to lean on their negative mind-set of life. ESPECIALLY DURING EXAMINATIONS.
Well, I have to say that that is just how the Meridian culture is.
I am not 100% sure that I will do well for my papers.
However, I believe that I have done my best for the paper and I don't regret any grade which returns to me.

Come on, don't just lose your confidence by saying such negative terms like "FAIL".
Ewwww, I hate that word.
Have faith in success, have faith in doing well, have faith in getting straight As for A-levels.


Failure is not an option in Junior College.