12/03/2008

I'll be there


This pic was like ages ago, but oh well. =)
Studying has been a bore, but isn't it always like this?
Well, I noticed that it has been eating up my time at quite a significant rate.
Furthermore, I unconsciously allow it to bite of every minute I have.
Before I knew it, hours have passed.
I finally am aware that it's difficult to squeeze so many topics in one week.
I underestimated the heavy weightage of JC topics.
I used to finish my revision of a complete subject in a day, now a whole day does not seem sufficient.
At least I'm almost done with everything, just need to keep practicing.
Well, have been trying to memorize this today before I was chased out of the library.
Let's give it a try:

The electron-donating ethyl-group (CH3CH2-) increases the electron density of the lone pair of electrons on the N-atom, making the lone pair of electrons on the N-atom more available to accept a proton.
Furthermore, the ethyl-group (CH3CH2-) stabilises the CH3CH2NH3+ anion by dispersing the positive charge on the N-atom. This stabilises the CH3CH2NH3+ anion relative to the base CH3CH2NH2, making it a stronger base compared to other basic compounds.
Haha, welcome to mugger-land MJC, where all your dreams of getting an A come true. =)