01/09/2008

Chapter 56

"Run, run as fast as you can,
You can't catch me, I'm the gingerbreadman."


I feel like I'm floating on air for the past few days.
So many things to complete,
So little time.

But surprisingly, I feel satistied, contented, filled to the brim.

Trust me when I say I haven't been studying much.


Why do I feel so calm at a time like this?
I used to be frustrated that I couldn't get formulas into my head.



"All those who seek, come to Me, and I will give you rest."
That's what He said.

And that's what I did.
He gave me the best rest I could experience in my 18 years.

We as humans, do things, and are obstinate towards the dire consequences that follow, even if it was emphasized many times before.
I learnt one thing in the past month.

With Him, dire consequences are seldom.




He writes a book, a story about our individual lives.
When we are born again, He writes even more pages enthusiastically, eager to finish with a happy ending.
"He is the author and finisher of our faith."

But us as humans, are often stubborn.
We want things our way, we don't want to follow what He has written.
So we tear out some of the pages in this book and insert some of our own.


Now,
Think of how the author of the book feels.
Not only does it frustrate Him when we destroy what He has planned for us, but imagine the extra effort He must put in to edit the rest of the story behind that torn page.
You can't have a nice novel with a page that is inconsistent with the story.


I choose to read the story He has prepared for me, anticipating what awaits as I turn the page to the next chapters of my life.