22/09/2008

Adoption

I never really understood the word which revolves around the world of parenthood.
(The word above if you didn't notice)


In a way, one has to love the person he/she is adopting FROM SCRATCH.
On another page, the second party must also adopt the first as a parent/sibling/guardian in order for the process to be complete.
In other words, is it easy for it to happen?
It's difficult.
Very difficult.
Unless both parties come with a heart that's willing.



I was adopted, not into my current family, but into the family of Christ.
25th December 2006, I was accepted with open arms.
And time seemed to pass by so fast.
Many else became my brothers and sisters through adoption as well.

But amongst all, it is 5 of my younger brothers whom I am most proud of.


I adopted them the same way that I was adopted.
And even showered them with even more love and faith than what I have previously received.

"Whoever waters shall be watered also", but how can I know how to water others if I haven't experienced from others who know how to water?
How can I be a blesser if I haven't been first blessed?
And I have been, many many times.
Now I pass it on to them.



But the best thing is this.
They move my heart the way real siblings do to each other.


When they received salvation, my heart broke.
When I see them growing, I smile.
When I know they hunger for Him the way I do, I am proud of them.
When they say, "Ryan, I'll support you!", I'm sure I'll cry the way a big brother does.

And I want to take care of them the way a big brother does as well.


As for this adoption,
I was willing to accept them as my younger brothers.
And they were willing as well to acknowledge me as their brother.


And thanks to them, I finally realised the meaning of adoption.