23/07/2008

Nostalgia

It's amazing how time can pass so fast.
In a few months time, I'll already be sitting for my As.

Ironically, I would say that time has not pass much for me.
Instead, it's going by rather slow.


Walking back today, I had a reminisce of myself and my friends before.
We will be hanging out in town, chilling at each other's houses and playing basketball all day long.
Time has changed.
Time has made us different.

Now, they're all driving cars and setting up businesses and making money, something I wouldn't have forseen and imagined them being when I was a kid.



I can proudly say I'm still young.
People even mistaken me for a 16 year old, and I will forever look that way. =)
I remember my secondary 2 literature teacher who was 24 saying, "I am 20 years old and I will still be 20 even if I'm old and frail."

Age is not a factor.
Yes, adults may say that we're still young.
But youth is something which should not hold back our decisions or dreams.
I can do alot of things while I'm young.



The wrong perspective of one's youth is like serving a prison jail term.
People underestimate our potential because they think we're too young, and we feel that we have to serve that "compulsory" jail term before we are ready to start afresh.
However, God has the funds to bail you out of prison and unleash your capabilities.


Take it this way.
Imagine you have the potential to earn a million dollars before you become 35, but you've yet to discover your potential until you've tasted the real deal.


What most youths think, is that they're not good enough to achieve their future aspirations when they're still young.
"We're too young."
"We're too naive."
"We're not ready."
Then I guess you'll be serving a pretty long jail sentence.



Instead, start now.
I may be busy, but that will not stop me from achieving my future goals.
And mind you, these are not my "when I turn 60" goals, these goals will be achieved before I turn 30.


"Let no man despise your youth; but be an example of the believers, in word, in speech, in conduct, in spirit, in faith, in purity."


He has bailed me out from prison, it's time to start afresh.
Dream big.