02/05/2008

I would walk on water

Time passes so fast.
It's already May.
Seconds ticking away incessantly.
Minutes go by like seconds,
Hours like minutes.
Days are never-lasting.
Weeks make you want more.
Months say goodbye the minute they step in.
Life is short.

I gotta utilise my time wisely.
And prioritise my hours, and if I have to, even down to the minutes.

Thursday's sleepover was a blast.
Despite Daniel, HinKai and Dom nodding off to sleep at the coffeeshop, the soccer match was fulfilling.
Only Brian, uncle Foo and I were on the brink to wonderland, but survived.

Chelsea 3 - Liverpool 1

Being one of the FEW Chelsea supporters felt like a knife was being pointed at my throat.
I didn't dare jump and yell when the first goal was made.
And I felt intimidated when almost 99% of the uncles went berserk the minute Liverpool managed an equaliser.
Mahjonged and Slacked at my house.
Barely had sufficient energy to study the next day.



I don't know why, but the song "Lips of an Angel" keeps playing in my head.

"Honey why're you calling me so late?"
Yes yes, it goes on saying, "well, my girl's in the next room, somehow I wished she was you. I guessed we never really moved on"
Alright, this is the part where things get weird.
"It's really good to hear your voice, saying my name it sounds so sweet...and I never wanna say goodbye, but girl you make it hard to be faithful, with the lips of an angel"

It's not that I like the song. Well, it's not bad.
But it's so twisted, if you get what I mean.
QUESTION: "Why is the relationship so unmeaningful?" The first word in the song (honey) already makes me ponder about how unfaithful the guy is to BOTH girls.
It ain't good getting another girlfriend if you still love your ex.

Besides that, having the lips of an angel makes the guy unfaithful??
Hmmmm, I don't really get the literature behind that statement, I gotta get someone to explain it to me one day.
But all in all, the song somehow makes the guy look like the villain, the one at fault, the one making the mistakes, the heart-breaker.
Still, it seems theoretically wrong to label him the bad guy.



Sigh, I even wonder if the band have put in thought in the lyrics they write.
Sometimes you don't sense the heartfelt lyrics in today's songs.
It's like they write songs for the sake of writing to get famous.
Or may be they're just too emo.
Nasty.