30/11/2008

Scratch

(Expression of my feelings after I saw this photo again after a few months)

"Good luck, do a good job," said the previous performers.
They were stunning.
With the exchange of handshakes, they walked backstage and the curtains drew in.

It's our turn to put up a great show.
We walked out stage, dragging our guitar cables and making our ways to our respective stations.

The crowd, oblivious of our preparation behind the curtains, were still cheering their lungs out.
Trying to decipher the muffled voices out in the arena, distinct screams and shouts could be heard.
Some were demanding for an encore, many were screaming for the bands that have not performed yet.

And in the faint sounds of intertwining voices, I could hear some people shouting the name of my band...


At that moment, my heart started to pulsate even quicker than it was.
My mind raced with mixed feelings.
My fingers, meant for holding the strings of my guitar, went numb.
Goosbumps started to appear from the tip of my forehead to the soles of my feet.
Trickles of perspiration dripped down the sides of my cheeks.


It was then, when the curtains of destiny started to inveil.
At first, I received a blinding sensation due to the striking lights of the stage.
And slowly, just slowly, it disintegrated into a dark floor area, packed with jumping spectators.
The screams and cheering intensified.
The audience became excited.
They were ready.

This was it, the moment of my guitar "career".
The audience came for a great show, and we're going to give it to them.


I turned to my band members, only to see them smiling with satisfaction at each other.
"Let's do this," I said.


And with that, we rocked the house down and created history.
It was a moment in my life which will take alot of memory loss to forget.
The feeling of putting on a great show --> priceless

(p.s. I'm sorry if it sounded too exaggerated)