19/10/2008

Check, Yes Juliet


2 more weeks and it'll be here.
4 more weeks and it'll be over.

When I was in secondary school, we used to have a cement wall like those in army camps where soldiers had to jump and climb over them.
A few good friends of mine and I will take turns to run from far till we gain enough momentum and confidence to out-climb each other.

There were a few times when situations like this happened.
From afar, it looked so tiny and easy to overcome.
But as I got nearer, fear started to sink in and I would break hard just in time at the foot of the wall.
The foot of the wall.
It was only at that point when I realised what a giant I was facing, not what I saw when I was a few metres away.
I would then try and try again until I was confident and managed to make it over to the other side.


Right now, there is no "trying again and again".
I only have one shot at it. (who would aim to get retained??)

Fear creeps to many hearts during this leg of the race, making the cement wall seem so huge as the day approaches.
Choose to see it differently.
Although we walk through the valley of death, we shall fear nothing.


Make that cement wall look so small that you are capable of walking over it without much effort.