24/01/2009

*Knock*

Me and Jonzah



"I'll put them back when I come home from gaming."

It was the second day of CNY 2002.
12 year old Ryan has just received 300 dollars worth of red packets.

"Dropping by at home will be too troublesome, I will keep them until I have finished. Don't worry Mom, I won't lose them."

During lunch, he receives a call from his mother.
"Ryan, why don't you come back home first and I'll drop you at Bedok after you have kept your money."

"Mom, I already told you it's alright, it will only waste your time and the car's petrol."


Off he goes, to his favourite LAN shop in Bedok with his childhood friends.

"Ryan, why didn't you keep your money before coming out like me?"

"It's okay, I will definitely not lose it. What's with you and Mom? Don't you guys trust me?"

"I'm just being concerned as a brother. But if you lose the money, I'm not responsible for it."



Two hours of gaming has passed.

"Hey Ryan, let's play for another hour, I'll look after your stuff while you go pay for us."
Ryan reaches out to his left in search for his yellow haversack.

Nothing.

He looks down, he remembered placing his bag next to his chair on the left.
Furthermore, his handphone, $75 jacket and money from the red packets were all inside of it.

-A true story





Stubbornness.
Failure of listening to people with the correct advise.


The 12 year old Ryan needed a severe wake-up call before he learnt his lesson.
At that time, losing a total of 500 dollars of belongings was his wake-up call.
It was heart-breaking to him.


I have procrastinated long enough.
I am done shutting my ears.
I will listen, and act upon it.

I have had my wake-up call.
Time to stop procrastinating.



Breakthrough, breakthrough.