09/02/2009

Rockerfield

A good performance requires both skill and experience.
It requires practice, tonnes of it.
But most of all, a good performance is due solely on the unity and friendship of the performers.
My best shows were made the best because I had fun.
It doesn't matter if we weren't the most skilled.
We made it the best because we saw it as the best.
The time spent practising and repeating my parts in songs.
The late nights we had jamming after school at Potong Pasir due to our busy schedule.
The long hours perfecting our songs under the void decks in Pasir Ris.
The many moments we shared chilling out at each others houses.
The countless accidents we have had(including my burnt wrist), which did not stop us from putting up a good performance.
It was all worth it, when we stepped on stage and gave it our all.

Through all my experience, I've learned one important thing.
Talents that we have never give us first-hand glory.
We are just vessels.
He created the talents and granted us gifts for reasons.
And they were meant to glorify Him.
My talents? No.
They're not mine, they're His.

Take them, anoint them, multiply them, use them, through me.